Thursday, February 05, 2009

New Movie's Cancelled. It's already being produced!

Well, the script that my husband and I have been writing for a year (that we just finished) is already being produced into a Hollywood blockbuster.

Yep, here is what OUR story was about. http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/17again/

We had no idea about this movie until today. I guess in some ways it's a complement that we wrote a story good enough to be made into a real movie. But it's also very frustrating that we got beat to the punch. We don't feel it's worth making our movie because it will come out AFTER this one is released in the theaters, and everyone would think we just copied it! The similarity is too extreme for anyone to think anything else.

SO...back to the drawing board. :(

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a disappointment for you after all your hard work! I still think you should do it, though, because of all the other movies in Hollywood that are released together (Bug's Life, Antz; Shark's Tale, Nemo; etc.). At least it seems like movies get released that are similar because I remember thinking they stole each other's ideas or something. Your fans would know the truth. I vote thumbs up on your movie. :-)

4:43 PM  
Blogger Charana said...

I'm brand new to the sims 2, and the sims 2 movies. However, after watching 20-25 movies recently, I can honestly say that 'The Awakening' has been my favorite; Like you, I too am 31, and I have seen my favorite movies in Hollywood be remade like: 'Can't buy me love',and 'Romeo & Juliet'.In addition, I do not believe that every sims 2 movie has been original. So with that being said, I say "go for it,'17 again' is just another 'Big' and '13 going on 30', and what was that other one? You know the one that starred Fred Savage. Anyway, I hope you do it because people like you encourage people like me to take a stab at it, plus I'm not going to see '17 again, I don't even know who that young guy is, you and I and many others, who watch your sims movies are from another generation. Good luck, and God Bless. :)

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home